400 Level student of English commits suicide

ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
admin
SMD

400 Level student of English commits suicide

Unread post by admin »

A 26-year-old student of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), has reportedly committed suicide.

Elijah Jude Anuoluwapo is said to have consumed illicit drug substances.

According to reports, the 400 Level student of English Language died on Thursday morning, August 26, at the hospital where he was rushed to by his colleagues for medical attention.

This is said to be his third attempt at committing suicide. Unfortunately, he succeeded this time.

Friends said his reason for attempting suicide multiple times was over alleged rejection by members of his immediate family after the death of his mother.

"His father had abandoned his mother since she was carrying Jude’s pregnancy which later led to his mother’s death out of depression," a friend of the deceased told Tribune.

Jude's maternal grandmother who raised him is said to have died of cancer complications last year, leaving him with no one willing to identify as his family. This led him to become depressed.

The friend of the deceased added: "Jude was a very brilliant student and even one of the very best with mastery of languages in the whole of the university campus. Many of us pleaded with him and even referred him to the school counselling unit after the second unsuccessful attempt which was about three weeks ago.

"It came to our surprise that he later proceeded with another attempt around 8:15 pm Wednesday evening. We actually tried to save his life as usual, but to no avail, as he finally gave up the ghost earlier today in the hospital. If he didn’t die, he should have been one of the very best writers of the next generation."

Source:

Linda Ikeji's blog
Attachments
Elijah Jude
Elijah Jude
14113901_612886b2da056_jpeg2428c1cb1559df29997ba7f87fae1d92.jpg (46.83 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Questions about the future are pointless because this is the future you spoke of three hours ago in the past and nobody will read this until the future from right now. Focus on right now, figure out what you need to do the job now, and learn it.

NeverMind

Re: 400 Level student of English commits suicide

Unread post by NeverMind »

Exactly my story! Life as a student has been quite frustrating. I've been looking for courage to do what you did, man. Sooner or later, I will find it.

Azeez

Unread post by Azeez »

Village people celebrating right now!:

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Whitrock »

Depression is quite a serious thing. He could have used his ordeals as a will to push for success. But mental fortitude isn't always so easy to have. So heart breaking!
Rating: 50%

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

NeverMind wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 pm Exactly my story! Life as a student has been quite frustrating. I've been looking for courage to do what you did, man. Sooner or later, I will find it.
:o please don't walk along this way. I may have no idea how your experiences look like in truth. But it's actually worth it here. If you end up finding the courage to take your life. . .what about those dreams you once had, who would bring them into reality.

We need you more here, really.
Rating: 50%

Rip

Unread post by Rip »

Many of us don't have family but we made a beautiful family out of our friends.

Suicide should never be among the options.

RIP

LykMinds
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by LykMinds »

NeverMind wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 pm Exactly my story! Life as a student has been quite frustrating. I've been looking for courage to do what you did, man. Sooner or later, I will find it.
Life in itself could sometimes turn frustrating. But ending it does nothing to ease our frustrations. Talking to someone helps most times. Please don't go on looking for the courage to end your life.

If you're in p-site and you don't mind, let's meet up for a chat, please.
I am a book on the table of my Creator.

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

Rip wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:38 am Many of us don't have family but we made a beautiful family out of our friends.

Suicide should never be among the options.

RIP