ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
David
SOPHOMORE

2022 CORONA ESSAY COMPETITION FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS

Unread post by David »

Screenshot_20220315-192412~2.png
Screenshot_20220315-192412~2.png (609.56 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Corona Management Systems (CMS) is a Social Enterprise operating with the belief that people with a passion to solve global problems through local action, can with the right tools change the world.

To celebrate 2022 International Women’s Day, Corona Management Systems organises an Essay competition for university students in Nigeria.

Topic: “Being a woman in Nigeria”

Prizes

Grand prize: 300k + one month mentorship

First runner-up: 200k

Second runner-up: 100k

1. Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible, contestant must be:

Female

Be 18-30 years old

Be current undergraduate student (in a Nigerian University)

Follow Corona management systems Instagram account @coronam.s, like and share IWD post on their story

2. Essay contents

Introductory statement

Content relating to being a woman in Nigeria

Logical development and ideas clearly built on each other

Mechanics such as word usage, punctuations, capitalisation and sentence structure must be carefully used.

3. Essay format

First page should contain contestant Information
Name, Age, Phone number, Institution name, Student ID Number, Email address, Contact Address.

Essay must be 750 – 1000 words.

Font type: Century Gothic

Font size: 12

Margin: 1.5 inches

Pages must be numbered

Entry must be submitted in MS Word or PDF format

Deadline

All entry must be submitted as an email attachment to iwd@coronams.com by 11:59pm on 25th March 2022

Avoid plagiarism

Plagiarism is a serious offence and will lead to disqualification

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Re: 2022 CORONA ESSAY COMPETITION FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS

Unread post by Whitrock »

I wonder why we can't have something like this for males @David Are boys stones?

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

Narvik

Unread post by Narvik »

The title should have been "2022 corona essay competition for female students" Saying university students give the impression of gender inclusiveness. And that's a point blank lie!!!

Topic author
David
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by David »

@Whitrock This one is only for females

JustWise
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by JustWise »

Whitrock wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:24 pm I wonder why we can't have something like this for males @David Are boys stones?
It beats me every time, bro. Gender inequality... Discrimination against men... Matriarchal supremacy🤲..etc yet no one is talking about it. If this is not gender violence, someone please suggest a good other name for it.

You want money right, bitch? Well; I need your glory. I want your star. I want every atom of glory you were born with. I want it all. I'm going to take your glory while you enjoy my money. 8-)

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Narvik wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:36 pm The title should have been "2022 corona essay competition for female students" Saying university students give the impression of gender inclusiveness. And that's a point blank lie!!!
I don't have a problem with ladies getting this type of opportunity. I just want men to have something like this too. Even in normal essay contests (without gender restrictions), I feel girls have been kicking male asses recently. For screaming out low, let us too have something.

@David Or is it too much to ask?

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Is this not one of the many cases of gender inequality targeted at the male folks?

Cc
@Annie
@Homachi
@Felicia

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

David wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:40 pm @Whitrock This one is only for females
I've never seen a contest for males only. Never have i seen a coding bootcamp exclusive to males. But we find them all over the place for females.

One just have to wonder how the guys in same age group with these girls are coping. They too, need the help, finances, and motivation. Don't you think?

Homachi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Homachi »

Whitrock wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:21 pm Is this not one of the many cases of gender inequality targeted at the male folks?
Africa has a long history of female underrepresentation. What's happening now is long overdue. And although it will seem like there's a deafening silence about the male gender, there's really no such thing as male marginalisation or under-representation as it is.

For example, why aren't we saying White Lives Matter? It's because history has done that job already, and did it extremely well. The girl child matter & that has to be loudest. History made it so.

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

@Homachi So...because history has been like that, I should not have equal opportunities with girls in my own era?

Annie
SOPHOMORE
Answers: 1

Unread post by Annie »

AdeFemi wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:03 pm @Homachi So...because history has been like that, I should not have equal opportunities with girls in my own era?
Have you ever seen men oppressed in this century? For easier understanding let's use an illustration.

A Ruler is placed by it's center on the pivot - it's balance, right? So lets assume that on one side, a weight of 100g was hung and on the other 10g was hung.

I have just three questions for you:

1. To achieve equality what do you do?
You either add up to one side to make up to the other or reduce the other to become the lesser

2. So which side do you add up to -- the 100g or the 10g.

3. Does adding consistently to the 10g mean you are "marginalizing" or speaking down on the 100g?

When you are done answering, then we may continue with this talk.

JustWise
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by JustWise »

@Annie Your analogy shows you're mistaken about what equality really is, and this analogy is completely out of place.

From your analogy, what you have just tried to paint is equity not equality. Equality in the real sense, means that whatsoever you give to Jack must be given to Jane. It doesn't matter if Jack already has 50k.

if they're to share 60k, each of them gets 30k each. So in this case, you have to add 10g to both sides if you aim at equality.

You want money right, bitch? Well; I need your glory. I want your star. I want every atom of glory you were born with. I want it all. I'm going to take your glory while you enjoy my money. 8-)