The Nairobi hustle: How i almost became a 'Female' husband.

ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
Annie
SOPHOMORE
Answers: 1

The Nairobi hustle: How i almost became a 'Female' husband.

Unread post by Annie »

Once upon a time, I shared a house with this lady from Kiambu.

It was a three bedroom house. Since I was alone and she had 3 kids, she took up 2 bedrooms and I stayed in the smallest.

She insisted that we're splitting the rent 50/50, which I was fine with. So, end month I'd give her 30k and she'd claim she adds 30k and pays 60k.

Until one day I accidentally came across a lease agreement when I was cleaning, and discovered the house rent was 25k.

😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I sat down and laughed for 30 minutes.

I didn't even confront her. I just started wondering what else I was lied to.

Wuehhhhh

Kumbe the 25k also included water and electricity.

Yet each month she'd make me budget an extra 3k for these bills.

🙆🙆

I started asking the right questions. Fundis we had hired to do repairs started confessing she'd tell, then to double charge me, and they'd split the loot whenever something needed fixing.

I just quietly looked for a small 1 bedroom house and left one random Thursday when she was away at work and the kids were at school.

Four months later, I get a call from her. She gives me a bogus, hurried apology, about what she did.

Then she proceeds to tell me that she lost her job, has been unable to pay rent, has been locked out of the house by the landlord, and is in police custody.

She asked

"Could you come and talk to the police so that they can release me?"

Wuehhhhh,

I don't know if it's all women from Kiambu, I don't want to post a stereotype here but that one shocked me. She had me on a leash, with lies and scams to cover her master plan, and I being the naive Murang'a villager in Kanairo, took a long minute to figure out what what what.

But when I did, I sat back with my mouth wide open.

I couldn't believe the audacity.

I felt sorry for the kids, so I informed a chairman of a welfare group we had so he could see how to help.

But mehn, that story still makes me wonder a lot of things today.

That Nairobi you can easily become a female husband to a woman with 3 kids if you're not keyafu.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Topic author
Annie
SOPHOMORE
Answers: 1

Re: The Nairobi hustle: How i almost became a 'Female' husband.

Unread post by Annie »

Share Your own housemate horror experience

Nakupendah
SOPHOMORE

Re: The Nairobi hustle: How i almost became a 'Female' husband.

Unread post by Nakupendah »

It's not people from kiambu. ....its people. Don't stereotype us all in one basket.