A one-time client of my insurance blog who runs an insurance agency in Florida recently launched a new business.

ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
David
SOPHOMORE

A one-time client of my insurance blog who runs an insurance agency in Florida recently launched a new business.

Unread post by David »

Her new business is a perfume line with a luxury scent.

She launched the business as her own little way of building something for the children her sister who d!ed of cancer left behind.

At the little age of 11 and 9, she has already started reminding these children that they have a business to run when they grow up, so they better pay attention in school.

She could boldly tell them that because she’s playing in a niche that advancement in technology won’t render obsolete so long as she’s willing to innovate.

20 years from now, people will still be using different fragrances. And above all, innovation can be made to increase the customer base.

If I were to ask you, can you boldly say that your children will be proud to take over that business you are toiling day and night in?

Can you point at two or three areas in your line of business that innovation will play a huge role?

If you think the business doesn’t have what it takes to last the test of time, why are you investing so much resources into it when you should be building for the future?

I understand that the first business you started may not be what will give you your big break, but why spend so much time on something you know technology will eradicate in a few years from now?

The less sophisticated your job is, the more likely robots will take over the job in the future. If robots are already taking over sophisticated jobs, how much more a simple one.

If there’s one thing you must do for yourself and your children, it’s to tap into the digital economy.

Build something that your children’s choice of location won’t restrict them from monitoring the business growth.

You can decide to do any of these things:

— Start a blog

— Create and grow a faceless YouTube channel

— Write a book, print and publish it on digital stores

— Launch a dropshipping store

— Develop a mobile app

— Create a software that solves a unique problem

— Set up a PR & marketing agency

The list can go on and on.

The ultimate goal is to build something that your children don’t need to be physically present to access and monitor its growth.

Everything I listed here might sound like a small business idea but the truth is that if you do your research carefully, you will definitely find an entity that is doing a turnover of millions of dollars.

Even if you can’t find an existing system to model, so long as you are willing to scale it, you will definitely see a great result.

I hope this helps you to reimagine your business and think about its future.

Have a great day.

— Emenike E.