STARTING A BUSINESS FROM WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING WRONG

ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
David
SOPHOMORE

STARTING A BUSINESS FROM WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING WRONG

Unread post by David »

Few days ago, I was discussing with my big cousin, Aunty Chi.

I told her that a person can actually start a business that corrects the wrongs of others in the same business.

We picked a female salon for example and we listed the wrong things that salons are doing.

1. They wash hair with cold water. You have to beg them to use hot water and they do it grudgingly.

2. The workers talk too much while making the customer's hair. Sometimes you even feel a headache because they are pulling your hair and talking over your head.

3. After washing the hair, they do not massage. A massage will stimulate growth and also help the customer relax.

4. They do not care about the length of waiting or making time. They don't care if it takes 8 hours to braid your hair or if you had to wait 3 hours to get started.

I told her that just with these 4 wrongs of most salons in Lagos, you can launch your own salon that focuses on correcting these wrongs.

Imagine driving past a newly opened salon and a banner reads - "Hot wash & Massage for your hair. Pamper yourself."

Do you know how many people will fly in with speed?

Then imagine visiting the salon and the staff are all professionally dressed in uniforms and quiet while working.

They are trained to greet and say a few reassuring words while working. That's all.

Imagine entering the salon and a notice on the wall says, "We care so much about you, we don't want you to sit too long making your hair. You can ask for up to 4 people to make your hair"

See eh, some people will just be stuck with that salon for these reasons.

We all do not need to launch very innovative businesses oh. We can just launch businesses that correct the common mistakes.

It's basically the same thing I did with Accountinghub.

- Accountants take too long to deploy accounting software. I focused on delivering 24 hours deployment.

- Accountants deliver super-boring trainings with zero care about the learning experience. I focused on delivering super engaging trainings.

So I ask you - what wrongs do you see in the space you want to enter? Have you focused time and energy to address them in your own business?

Ibom air focused on early takeoff. That singular reason alone is why Nelly and I only fly Ibom Air when we are traveling to any route that it goes.

Fixing the common wrongs in your industry is innovative enough.

Here is the process:

1. Make a list of those wrongs.
2. Fix them.
3. Launch your business.
4. Scream it from the roof top that you fixed those wrongs.
5. Monitor and ensure that you continue to maintain the standard
6. Have strategies to retain the customers that you will steal from those other businesses.

Finish!

I love you!

©Chioma Ifeanyi Eze