It's natural that you take care of people you love. But to what extent?

ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
admin
SMD

It's natural that you take care of people you love. But to what extent?

Unread post by admin »

It's natural that you take care of people you love. But to what extent? When does the caring end and being exploited start?

I'm a non-smoker who met and began dating a man in Kampala, Uganda who smokes. That may seem as a minor thing. But after getting to know him better, I found that smoking was the least of his problems.

Over the course of our relationship, I discovered he had several family, health, financial and alcohol abuse problems, too. I've walked him through overcoming some of these things during our two years together. But other issues seem irresolvable.

He allows his parents to manipulate his life. He's still smoking even though I despise it. I feel that the more I do for him, the less he does for himself.
When I try to discuss these issues with him, he keeps asking me to be patient with him.

At this point, I'm completely fed up with his family. It looks lyk I'm feeling as though I'm doing everything for him but he does nothing for himself.

We are just two years into this relationship and I feel like I need to cut my losses and leave him to his family and get on with my life. He thinks I'm being impatient but I gave him 6 months to stop smoking, and that was a year ago. And it's not only the smokng issue.

Is it wrong for me to leave for the sake of my health and sanity?

So, that was sent by one of us via PM, for anonymous posting. . .Raise your voices on this, please!

Questions about the future are pointless because this is the future you spoke of three hours ago in the past and nobody will read this until the future from right now. Focus on right now, figure out what you need to do the job now, and learn it.

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Re: It's natural that you take care of people you love. But to what extent?

Unread post by Whitrock »

@admin the issue with anonymous posts is that you can't answer questions raised based on I the topic! So I'm wondering why this one of us didn't create this topic herself. What's she afraid of. .

Who's she anyway?

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

Nakupendah

Unread post by Nakupendah »

Obviously, you are so in love. But this is a new year, why not cut off old losses. If not for the sake of your health, then aat least your sanity.

Annie
SOPHOMORE
Answers: 1

Unread post by Annie »

Whitrock wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:30 pm @admin the issue with anonymous posts is that you can't answer questions raised based on I the topic! So I'm wondering why this one of us didn't create this topic herself. What's she afraid of. .

Who's she anyway?
The reasonable thing to do when you have nothing reasonable to say on a topic is to just read and on. We shouldn't have to see your posts every time.

What's your business with who's she anyway?

JustWise
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by JustWise »

@Annie why so much hate? Just a little advice, and your bile is all over the place. Why do I think I know who she is anyway. . .? @admin is she not the one?

You want money right, bitch? Well; I need your glory. I want your star. I want every atom of glory you were born with. I want it all. I'm going to take your glory while you enjoy my money. 8-)

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

That was my first thought @JustWise . but Annie is Cameroonian. And we have someone from Kampala there. It's the capital of Uganda, I think

Annie
SOPHOMORE
Answers: 1

Unread post by Annie »

JustWise wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:25 pm @Annie why so much hate? Just a little advice, and your bile is all over the place. Why do I think I know who she is anyway. . .? @admin is she not the one?
Why not just walk past when there's nothing meaningful to say?

nachisunday

Unread post by nachisunday »

Am confuse here holla everyone
Rating: 50%

Topic author
admin
SMD

Unread post by admin »

Hello!

You're welcome to Talkafric Forums :!:
nachisunday wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm Am confuse here holla everyone
Kindly make me aware of the source of confusion, please.

Questions about the future are pointless because this is the future you spoke of three hours ago in the past and nobody will read this until the future from right now. Focus on right now, figure out what you need to do the job now, and learn it.

Topic author
admin
SMD

Unread post by admin »

Whitrock wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:30 pm @admin the issue with anonymous posts is that you can't answer questions raised based on I the topic! So I'm wondering why this one of us didn't create this topic herself. What's she afraid of. .

Who's she anyway?
She would rather be anonymous. Let's help out with our opinions, please!

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

admin wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:33 am

Who's she anyway?
She would rather be anonymous. Let's help out with our opinions, please!
I'm surprised there's been none giving opinions since. Quite so, it's not just me finding this anonymous stuff so distasteful

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

Topic author
admin
SMD

Unread post by admin »

@Whitrock its rather because there's been no community for a while, I think.

Nakupendah
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Nakupendah »

Follow your heart

Felicia
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Felicia »

I'm thinking you should leave. For your sanity at least

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

admin wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:13 pm @Whitrock its rather because there's been no community for a while, I think.
Of course. Maybe you should tell us why there is no community.

Rukevwe

Unread post by Rukevwe »

I think you should leave him. He will never change. Men are like that.