Members ONLY.
ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
admin
SMD

Important Updates to TalkAfric Forums

Unread post by admin »

Hello all,

It's been so nice having you all on the Talkafric! We are still growing and I'm grateful for that. Since it's all about growth, we'll be making some changes to HOW things have been operating here;

1. Due to request by members to be able to post sensitive issues anonymously, the guest posting feature was activated. While it serve it's purpose, it was the best thing that ever happened to us.

However at this point, it's been abused by spammers mainly from Eastern Europe (from their IP address) who take advantage of it to create at least 50 spam topics per user everyday. Imagine logging in and seeing over 500 topics and comments waiting for approval, and all of them are spams. Sadly, this is what we have been dealing with.

Consequently, the guest post feature has been deactivated to help checkmate this spammers.

If you need to create a sensitive topic without exposing your identify, please PM me or @Annie or any of the moderators, and the post will be created on your behalf with all due respect to your Privacy.

2. As a further means of reducing spam topics and accounts, all newly opened account will need to be manually verified before they are activated. Our apologies for the inconveniences this may cause you as an intending member of this growing forum, but please understand why it is necessary.

Of course the above measures are helpful but not enough, so if you know of any better strategy that be deployed as we try to keep the forums safe for discussions, please let us know in the comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

Questions about the future are pointless because this is the future you spoke of three hours ago in the past and nobody will read this until the future from right now. Focus on right now, figure out what you need to do the job now, and learn it.

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Re: Important Updates to TalkAfric Forums

Unread post by AdeFemi »

Nice move there. But why wait so long? This guy @Frankbix must be one of them too cos he sent me a PM in a language I don't even understand. Figured he wants me to click on the link at the message end.

JustWise
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by JustWise »

AdeFemi wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:21 pm Nice move there. But why wait so long? This guy @Frankbix must be one of them too cos he sent me a PM in a language I don't even understand. Figured he wants me to click on the link at the message end.
You mean something like this? :?:
Attachments
超级截屏_20221113_002111.png
超级截屏_20221113_002111.png (108.38 KiB) Viewed 550 times

You want money right, bitch? Well; I need your glory. I want your star. I want every atom of glory you were born with. I want it all. I'm going to take your glory while you enjoy my money. 8-)

JustWise
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by JustWise »

@admin is a poor reactor! Anytime there are issues with the forums he always reacts late. Before you breathe, just check out every challenge with the forum.

He will wait until it's choking before he composes one nonsense of a very long post speaking big senseless English. As if he had spent the whole of his life thinking of what to say. If you check, don't be surprised that @Frankbix has sennd that message to every member of the forums. And @admin is only reacting because the message missed road and got to him :!:

I'll stop here and wait for any idiot to quote me andbsay rubbish.

You want money right, bitch? Well; I need your glory. I want your star. I want every atom of glory you were born with. I want it all. I'm going to take your glory while you enjoy my money. 8-)

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Whitrock »

JustWise wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:22 am
AdeFemi wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:21 pm Nice move there. But why wait so long? This guy @Frankbix must be one of them too cos he sent me a PM in a language I don't even understand. Figured he wants me to click on the link at the message end.
You mean something like this? :?:
I can't stop laughing ha ha. He sent to me too. But take it easy on @admin haba! It's better late than never.

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

Whitrock
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Whitrock »

@admin how do you tell genuine members from that location from the ones intending to spam. If you ask me, you are fighting a battle you can't win. What if they change their IP address?

If you quote me and i did not reply, please understand that it was deliberate. I must have analyzed it, and concluded that it was not worth a split nucleus of my time. No apologies.

Nakupendah
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Nakupendah »

I got the message too :D How about taking a poll for this? @JustWise @AdeFemi @admin
Attachments
超级截屏_20221113_102433.png
超级截屏_20221113_102433.png (105.4 KiB) Viewed 544 times

Nakupendah
SOPHOMORE

Whitrock wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:34 am @admin how do you tell genuine members from that location from the ones intending to spam. If you ask me, you are fighting a battle you can't win. What if they change their IP address?
That's some good points you get there. Just I don't agree it is a useless fight. Any little help helps and should be clapped for

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

Nakupendah wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:26 am I got the message too :D How about taking a poll for this? @JustWise @AdeFemi @admin
Nice idea but only topic author can do that I think

Felicia
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Felicia »

I didn't get the message y'all is talking about! Why am I the left behind? :lol:

Felicia
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Felicia »

Whitrock wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:34 am @admin how do you tell genuine members from that location from the ones intending to spam. If you ask me, you are fighting a battle you can't win. What if they change their IP address?
@admin whitrock is making some sense here. How do you tell genuine from fake. No matter how we argue this, you can't deny there are Africans living in those countries.

My point is you can't tell their intentions until they post. Someone with a Senegalese address can post spam too!

Anonymous12

Unread post by Anonymous12 »

I'm unable to post links. Why?

Topic author
admin
SMD

Unread post by admin »

Anonymous12 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:00 am I'm unable to post links. Why?
To help combat spam, we have disabled posting links for newly registered members. With more activity, you will be able to do that.

Questions about the future are pointless because this is the future you spoke of three hours ago in the past and nobody will read this until the future from right now. Focus on right now, figure out what you need to do the job now, and learn it.

Anonymous12

Unread post by Anonymous12 »

admin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:21 am
To help combat spam, we have disabled posting links for newly registered members. With more activity, you will be able to do that.
That's so unfair!

Rasheed
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by Rasheed »

Someone said you are a slow actor or something like that. And I want to agree. :twisted:
Death to all Christians. :twisted: Any Christians afraid of persecution is fake. From 2023, Nigeria will officially be called ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

AdeFemi
SOPHOMORE

Unread post by AdeFemi »

admin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:21 am To help combat spam, we have disabled posting links for newly registered members. With more activity, you will be able to do that.
Why did you not do this from the beginning??

Nakupendah
SOPHOMORE

Anonymous12 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 am
That's so unfair!
Life is unfair