H is for Hanifa

ChemiCloud - Excellent Web Hosting Services

Topic author
David
SOPHOMORE

H is for Hanifa

Unread post by David »

H

is for Hanifa who was so generous, Hanifa who everyone flocked around during break time, whenever Hanifa was around there was bound to be a feast.

But something wasn't right, all those who ate from what she bought or followed Hanifa home either fell sick and where later found déad with swollen stomachs in their dormitory, most times those who followed her home do return but disappear under mysterious circumstances.

All this usually happen between three to four months so nobody was able to point accusing fingers at her.

But I and Bisi had found out three weeks ago and since then i had been having frïghtful and reoccurring nightmàres , three weeks when we followed Hanifa home secrétly.

It was a long and tiring one, we kept on passing bush paths , she didn't stop even when we got to a wide clearing of land that looked like an abandoned gràveyard.

We were so scared of being lost but we wanted to satisfy our curiosity.Then she stopped at an old evïl looking tree which branches were wïthered and then she knocked three times on the tree,a shifting sound was heard and a door opened on the tree.

She looked around and did what we could never Imagine.She removed her head and threw it inside the tree, now héadless she removed both hands and legs one after the other and threw them in also.

We hid behind the bushes and watching the torso which hung in the air like some kind of forces were holding it.And that was when it happened,a loud crack was heard and the earth below opened swallowing up the torso.

I and Bisi took to our heels,we ran more than those cheetahs we saw on Nat Geo Wide.

We didn't tell anyone what we saw, we were making plans to nab her and dïsgrace her before the whole school. I woke up with a start, my body filled with perspiration, I just had another nightmare, I looked at my dark room.

Where had my room mates gone ? I asked myself .Just then, surprisingly the lights came on and sitting on Bisi's bed was Hanifa, her mouth and hands covered in bl00d, a rumbled pile of uniform lay beneath her , she held a piece of human hand which she had eaten in half.

My eyes grew wide and round in féar. I tried to scream when she looked me.

"Don't even bother,nobody will hear you, they are all fast asleep "

I swallowed ,watching her chewing the flesh.

" Where is Bisi ?" I managed to ask.
She chuckled and then bit into the hand ,drawing out a long thin vein and chewed happily.

" Don't worry, you will soon be next.Let me finish with her hand first."